This was a great garage sale. They had cookbooks just like they advertised and they were cheap. I got all six books for $1.35. It would have been $1.50 but we only had 35¢ in change. Rather than have us break a $5, she said $1.35 was close enough. Yeah!!!
The books I bought were:
- Some Like It Hot – Climate, Culture, & Cuisine of South Texas
- Let’s Cook….Sauces (1966)
- A La Aspen – Recipes from Aspen’s great restaurants
- 201 Muffins – Gregg R. Gillespie
- Cookies – Cranbrook House & Garden Auxiliary
- The Simpler Life Cookbook – Arrowhead Mills
I think I’ll find a lot of great recipes in these books. I’ve already spotted a few I want to try from The Simpler Life Cookbook, including a Rye Bread recipe.